Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Food From Home

I'm sitting here eating a three musketeers and drinking a nestle instant latte.  It doesn't get much better than this.  Uh, yes it does, but when you are thousands of miles from home, a three musketeers tastes pretty darn good.  Tonight I marinated some chicken breasts in chopped garlic and a vinaigrette of olive oil, dijon mustard, red vinegar, and sea salt.  The chicken was skewered with chopped green and red pepper, red onion, and zucchini and grilled.  I served it with a plate of different cheeses, breads, crackers, olives, and some strawberries.  The berries come from Spain and they are ripe, sweet, and juicy.  You would be hard pressed to find good tasting berries at this time of year in Oregon.  We drank a Terrapura Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile.  Two of my favorite combinations in the world:  wine and cheese, followed closely after my first favorite combination: sweet and salty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment