Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So much to say...

So little time.  I've been on a figurative treadmill the last two weeks.  I'm taking a food handling course called, in Danish, Almen Fodevarehygiejne, and tomorrow is the last class and final exam.  I'm also juggling my part-time job, responsibilities at home, and preparing for two exciting events:  a girls' night out at my house this Saturday and a 5-week vacation the following Friday.  Can I tell you how spoiled I feel to have five weeks of vacation?  It's a first for me, and I am so excited I can barely stand it.

But I wanted to check in, report on what's been occupying my time, and tell you that I have of list of at least four blog post topics sitting at the ready.  Next week, in between packing, cleaning out the fridge, and transitioning my brain to vacation mode, you will be hearing from me!

Topics on my list include a killer broccoli salad that I've made three times in the last two weeks; chocolate puddle cookies, and homemade Jello (and jello shots).  I'd also like to share more about the food handling course.  I've learned so much and have bonded with my classmates who come from all over the world.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.  I hope that your summer is off to a great start.

p.s.  Happy Birthday, Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Can´t wait to hear more about this course you´ve been on...and the killer broccoli salad - even if me body can´t have broccoli anymore. Don´t know why but everytime I eat it I get such a terrible tummy ache:-(

    I´m so sad to be missing out on the party tomorrow night. Was so much fun last time!!! Enjoy yourselves and say hi from me:-)I´ll think of you when I´m listening to music at Thy Rock....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all starts with you. Avoiding foodborne illness is important to ensure the safety of children, seniors, and anyone with a serious illness. I encourage you to continue your food handling course.

    food handling certificate

    ReplyDelete