Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Taking a Pause

My brother Zach arrives today from Oregon.  Actually, he's been in Europe for several weeks now.  He landed in Copenhagen, moved on to Bratislava, Slovakia, Prague, and most recently, Budapest.  I can't wait to hear about his adventures.  I told him to take some notes on the Eastern European food, so we'll see what he has to say about it. Because Zach will be here for the next seven days and also because Anatole is home sick this week (what unfortunate timing), I will take a short break from blogging.  If I have the chance, I will definitely hop on and write, but I don't want to say that I am going to do it and then let myself down if I can't.

I plan to make some special food while my brother is here, but first I have to use up the leftover meatloaf in the fridge.  We are sick to death of meatloaf sandwiches.  I'm going to chop it up and throw it into some cooked pasta, but it could be interesting.  Not interesting in a good way either, but we'll see.  I think I will also make some sort of chicken stir fry, do-it-yourself sushi rolls, something Indian, soup, another strawberry tart because it's just so delicious and I think my brother will enjoy it, and I'll bake some stuff, too.  

Be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. The pasta with meatloaf was fantastic! As was the chicken stir-fry. Looking forward to more great home cooking. Thanks sis.

    ReplyDelete