Friday, March 18, 2011

Three Cakes and a Party

Cake, Cake, Cake.  Three cakes.  Delicious, mouth watering, gotta have it, Cake!  Sorry, that's a reference to the PBS kids' show Word World and a certain episode that my son loves.  If you click on it, fast forward to minute 5:00 and watch for approximately 25 seconds.

If you couldn't tell, cake is on my mind this week.  You see, I am contributing to the dessert table at the combined birthday and anniversary party of our good friends, Liz and Ole.  They're both turning 40 and, as is customary in Denmark, celebrating twelve-and-a half years of marriage, also known as a "copper wedding."  That's not to say that it is customary to have a birthday slash anniversary party, just that the Danes make a big deal out of the twelve-and-a-half year anniversary.

A pretty cool excuse for a big party if you ask me.

Here is the run down on my contribution:

Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Torte

Red Velvet Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing

Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Icing

You will hear from me soon with pictures, recipes, and an explanation of how I pulled this off while juggling all my other life responsibilities.  It's called breaking each recipe down into steps and tackling a step or two at a time, a day at a time, leading inevitably to the end goal of a finished cake.  Or in this case, three cakes. 

And let's not underestimate the importance of deep breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment