Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Simple Lunch

When I put the pieces of my lunch together on a plate I loved the way it looked.  Even though I was just getting ready to bite into the piece of rugbrød with sliced egg on top, I had to take a photo.

I'd like to tell you about two simple meal ideas:  sesame carrot salad and sliced radishes on buttered bread with sea salt sprinkled on top.

The sesame carrot salad is delicious and super easy.  All you have to do is grate 3 large carrots; you can grate them by hand or in a food processor, which is what I did.  Add 1.5 Tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds, 1 Tablespoon fresh, grated ginger, and salt and pepper.  Mix well to combine.  (Recipe adapted from Everyday Food, From the Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living.)

Okay, here I am again going on about A Homemade Life.  Molly W. writes about the fantastic combination of sliced radishes served atop buttered (and lightly toasted) baguette slices and sprinkled with coarse salt.  It's so simple that it feels weird to write about it as a recipe, but if you haven't ever thought of trying radishes this way, please do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment